From Colorado, in a professor’s house with fellow classmates, here are my rushed New Year’s reflections and resolutions:
- Make the absolute best of every moment of student teaching. And I mean it. I feel like I have a lot to prove already to my mentors/sponsors. But I am ready to work. Hard and with no excuses.
- I would like to commit to writing a lesson plan a day, but that might get out of hand. I will still start tomorrow.
- This year, I want to land a job, get a car and drive across country with some friends over the summer. I realized that there is still a lot of the North American continent that I have yet to see. Then again, I can still see myself working overseas (JET Programme comes to mind, followed by Peace Corps)…
- Finally, I will stay fit and not let myself slip despite the stress of student teaching, job searching and a major life transition in graduation, etc. I learned a great lesson from a consistent workout schedule, thanks to a summer workout buddy.
- I also want to learn piano at some point.
- And laugh. A lot. So, bring it on.