- New Series: Office 365 for Educators
- Office 365 Minimum Proficiency YouTube Playlist
- Sharing Word Online documents
- Sharing PowerPoint Online presentations
- Playlist: OneNote Class Notebook Setup on a Mac
- Sharing Excel Online spreadsheets
- Office 365 in the Classroom: Brainstorming and Delegating in OneNote Collaboration Space
1. Sign in and select Excel
Use portal.office.com to log into your Office 365 @spart7.onmicrosoft.com account. From the Portal, choose Excel Online.
2. Select a theme
From the Excel Online window, choose a New blank workbook or another design you like.
3. Rename the spreadsheet for your group
From the Excel Online bar along the top of the screen, click on Book1 to change the name of the workbook. For group projects, we suggest you use the task name, followed by a dash and then the last names of the group participants (i.e. Health Data – Babcock, Smith, Green OR Collaborative Presentation – Babcock, Smith, Green). That way, you can easily find the assignment and so can your teacher!
4. Share to your group and teacher
1.) From the Excel Online menu, now click the +Share button.
2.) This will bring up a pop-up where you can add your group members’ names to share the document. (Tip: For student projects, you should also add the teacher’s name to the top box.) Select Can edit if you’d like your collaborators to make changes in your document. Select Can view if you want them to only see what you write.
3.) Write a message in the second box if you like.
4.) Then, click Share.
Your group members and teacher will receive an email notifying them of the shared spreadsheet. They can follow that link to join in on the work.