- ICYMI Schoology 104 – Discussion Boards
- ICYMI Assistive Technologies and Accessibility Tools in OSX
- Welcome to SHS Tech Tuesdays 2016-2017
- ICYMI Tech Tuesday – Bring Your Own Topic
- ICYMI Tech Tuesday – Schoology Q&A
- Office 365’s Groups – Organizing Resources for Departments & School Activities
- ICYMI Schoology 101 – Assignment Workflow & Grading
- ICYMI LanSchool 103 – Configuration and Setup
- ICYMI Shoology 999 – Back to Schoology
On the second-Tuesday of the month, I host a regular Bring-Your-Own-Topic session on my Tech Tuesday rotation. This has always been a great space to follow-up on prior trainings and also explore the complexities we realize after we go back and apply new learning to our classrooms.
This week, I took a different approach by “theming” this BYOT session around digital textbooks. This helped to bring to the surface a number of workflow issues that we have with digital textbooks. We also had time to realize that we got baited into some promises by textbook publishers that were not delivered (mostly having to do with offline student access, which continues to be a resistance that publishers present us).
Fortunately, we made some good progress otherwise. Teachers shared that students are really taking to Schoology and teachers themselves are finding it easy since we integrated with our SIS, Powerschool. Here are some highlights of our discussions yesterday:
- Teachers are excited about the LTI options with Schoology, our new LMS. In particular, one teacher I worked with can’t wait to show off the practice modules you can build for math when we link up CK12 with Schoology.
- We explored the PowerSchool add-on that is helping us manage grading workflow by sending LMS/Schoology grades into our SIS. Others asked questions about Schoology section renaming (yes, we can edit the section name to reflect periods) and assignment submission workflow in Schoology.