Using online resources and social media, stay sharp with your teacher skills. In this session, we will explore ways to use social media (podcasts, Pinterest, Twitter) to get new teaching ideas and PD360 to refine teaching practices.
Why social media?
- Engaging Your School Community Through Social Media – Edutopia
- DIY Professional Development: Resource Roundup – Edutopia
Twitter for chat and discussion
- The Best Resources For Beginning To Learn What Twitter Is All About – Larry Ferlazzo
- Educational Hashtags – Cybraryman
- Sign-up, settings, handles, hashtags and re-tweets – The Official Twitter Glossary
Pinterest for ideation and resource-sharing
- How Pinterest is different – How Pinterest Became a Booming Factory for Creativity – Wired magazine
- The Teacher’s Guide To Pinterest – Edudemic
- Sign-up, settings, boards, pinning – The Pinterest Glossary
- Get Acquainted with Edivate – Edivate video
- Change profile settings so you see recommended content for your teaching content area or level – Edivate video
- Watch videos and answer reflection questions